"That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fourth of July Cookies


Here is a picture of our wonderful 4th of July cookies!  I totally didn't know what to do this year, as we are broke after four parties that we already had, and I really couldn't spend any money.  I typically always make some sort of red, white, and blue dessert.  Sometimes it's a cake that looks like a flag; often times I make shortcake with strawberries (red), blueberries (blue), and whipped cream (white).  This year my 9 year old came up with an idea for me: frosted sugar cookies.  I already had the sugar cookie mix on hand, and I made homemade frosting.  My mom happened to have some red sprinkles that she gave me.  Soooo....we ended up with a fun, festive dessert without spending any money!  And they were yummy!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

2 comments:

  1. I love these cookies!
    We are doing a spending fast so I love to come up with something we can do, or make, or eat that will not require spending any money.
    I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete